Sabotaging a Transformation
Transformation efforts must overcome a myriad of challenges to achieve success. Some of the inhibitors we will discuss include:
- Executives unaware of the transformation
- Failure to engage all the necessary parties
- Individuals losing power with the transformation
- New roles and disappearing roles
- Lack of an effective Change Agent
- Success conservatism
- Lazy buyers
- Blame-oriented cultures
For each of these inhibitors, we will cite a) situations where this occurred, b) mitigation actions to overcome the inhibitor, and c) the effectiveness of these efforts.
We will conclude by suggesting some best practices we are currently employing in anticipation of likely inhibitors, including our newest proposal process of only selling complete solutions to our clients (not just body-shopping people).