Technical Leadership Masterclass
Congratulations! You’re now a technical leader? But what are you supposed to do differently than when you were just a software engineer? Many companies do not prepare people for the transition into a new role which demands new skills. In this course, we will explore what technical leadership is, understand the different skills required to be an effective technical leader and learn some tools that you can immediately apply in your own team.
Attendees will leave the masterclass with an understanding of:
- A better understanding of what technical leadership is
- Why the technical leadership is necessary
- What makes the technical leaders different from other leaders
- Tools that make technical leader more effective
- Defining a technical strategy
- Understand what cross-functional requirements are
- How to identify and champion cross-functional requirements
This masterclass is most suitable for:
- Tech Leads
- Lead Devs
- Hands-on Engineering Managers
- Staff Engineers
- Senior Software Engineers
This course focuses on technical leadership skills through discussion, theory, and practical exercises.
Pre-requisites & Equipment
There is no pre-work required for this masterclass. No work will be done on a computer (so participants will not require a laptop on the day).
- 8:30 – 9:00 am Registration and arrival tea/coffee
- 9:00 am Masterclass begins
- 10:30 am Morning Tea (included)
- 12:30 pm Lunch (included)
- 3:00 pm Afternoon Tea (included)
- 5:00 pm Masterclass ends
Please note times may vary at the masterclass facilitator's discretion.